Posted 26 March 2018
Mid, Senior or Associate Urban Designer - Human Habitats
• An opportunity exists for a Mid, Senior or Associate Level Urban Designer to secure a leadership role within an emerging, highly successful design and planning business
• Varied and substantial portfolio of projects across greenfield, infill and commercial sectors
• Direct client and project management opportunity
Human Habitats are actively seeking a talented, energised Mid, Senior or Associate level Urban Designer to join the planning and design team on a permanent basis. With a broad project portfolio, including large master planned communities, retail, urban infill, commercial and residential projects underway, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Mid, Senior or Associate Urban Designer to secure a leadership role and work within a dynamic team.
As part of the team you will be working alongside a small group of talented Urban Designers, Landscape Architects and Town Planners. We are committed to supporting your ongoing skills and career growth, your creativity, collaboration, dedication and motivation will be rewarded. Over time you will be encouraged to take a leadership role on a wide range of projects.
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience across master planning, greenfield, and infill projects so they can immediately take on a management role, interfacing with clients and managing their own projects. They will have a thorough understanding of relevant design standards and other technical knowledge. Their relevant software skills will also be well advanced.
You will be responsible for developing urban design frameworks, masterplans, concept plans, policy documentation and design research. The ability to mentor other design staff members and ensure the delivery of quality design services is desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
What we offer
Human Habitats is a place where your drive and dedication will be valued and rewarded. You will have the opportunity to shape, grow and contribute to your role, mentoring others and growing the business. You will be working alongside highly talented and motivated team members. We have a diverse range of innovative and meaningful projects that are shaping Melbourne ---- we want you to be part of this.
Human Habitats is an emerging, highly successful urban design and planning practice that has specialists in urban regeneration, greenfield and new town development. We are centrally located in Docklands with all the amenity of Docklands and the CBD on offer. We assist private clients in finding solutions to complex strategic, structuring and detailed planning and design matters across a range of urban environments and scales. We prize team work and innovation. We search for innovative outcomes at every opportunity and seek out opportunities to collaborate with the best and brightest.
• Have a minimum of 5 + years’ relevant professional work experience.
• Have excellent graphic, written and verbal presentation skills.
• Have excellent Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office skills.
• Have excellent client interface and management skills.
• Have proficient hand drawing skills.
• Preferably have a tertiary degree in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning or similar.
All applications are treated as strictly private and confidential.
How to apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and growing professional team, apply direct at email@example.com
Applications close 4 May 2018.