Town Planning – Consultant/Senior Consultant
Join an Australian company at the forefront of urban development Be truly influential in advising clients on strategic projects Work alongside industry experts & leaders in their professionWho We Are Urbis is a market-leading firm that shapes the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions. Working across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research, the expert team at Urbis connect their clients in the public and private sectors to a better outcome, every time. The Opportunity The continued growth of Urbis in Melbourne means we are looking for a motivated and energised professional Consultant or Senior Consultant to join our Planning team. We are looking for an energetic and passionate team player seeking an opportunity to be involved in city-shaping projects for a diverse range of private and public sector clients. About You As a Consultant / Senior Consultant your responsibilities will include: - Providing a range of services including advice relating to land use, development capability, due diligence assessments, master plans and the approval process; - Drafting submissions, proposals and advice for clients; - Taking a hands-on approach to build trust and confidence with new and existing clients, maintaining and growing strong client relationships; -Working alongside other professionals on a range of multi-disciplinary projects, working to specification, to deadlines, within budget and with a commercial outcome; and - In addition a Senior Consultant will manage small to medium sized projects, including scoping and costings of projects, tracking job costs and coordinating consultant and sub-consultants, when necessary.
This role will suit someone with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role with a combination of the following competencies:
- Thorough understanding of statutory planning principles at the strategic and technical level and demonstrated ability to provide practical and analytical advice;
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal style to suit the needs of the audience and situation;
- Commits to achieving team goals and works towards team success;
- Ability to effectively prioritise and demonstrate adaptability when managing the competing demands of own workload and the Planning team; and
- In addition a Senior Consultant will have a proven work history in a Consultancy or Government environment and relevant tertiary qualifications.Why Urbis? Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s a place where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers. Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.How to apply? If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, click on “Apply for this job” or call Kylie Harris, HR Manager on 03 8663 4925. Applications close Friday 12 May 2017.