DEPUTY CHIEF PANEL MEMBER
· New exciting leadership role in Planning Panels Victoria · Influence and help drive a high performing culture · Contribute to shaping Victoria’s future planning and environmental outcomes The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning creates liveable, inclusive and sustainable communities that support jobs and growth in Victoria. DELWP brings together Victoria’s planning, local government, environment, energy, suburban development, forests, emergency management, climate change and water functions into a single department to strengthen connections between the environment, community, industry and economy. This newly created role will contribute to the operational management of Planning Panels Victoria (PPV), leading a small team with oversight of the PPV Project Team and the Heritage Council Secretariat. As a key member of PPV, the Deputy Chief Panel Member provides an independent forum for submissions to be heard in in an informal, non-judicial manner and gives expert advice to planning authorities or the Minister about planning proposals. The Deputy Chief Panel Member will act and deputise for the Chief Panel Member. To be successful in this position, you will have extensive experience in stakeholder and conflict management with a demonstrated track record in leading and developing high-performing teams in complex government environments. Tertiary qualified in planning or relevant fields including planning, law or environment, you possess exemplary technical skills and high-level knowledge of planning and environment concepts and principles. To apply for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirement specified in the position description including your resume. See the advertisement here For any enquiries, please contact Kathy Mitchell, Chief Panel Member on +61 3 8392 5101. Applications close at midnight Friday, 1 December 2017.
Planning Panels - Sessional MembersPlanning Panels Victoria plays an important role in considering submissions, conducting public hearings, preparing reports and in making recommendations to the Minister for Planning, planning authorities and other decision makers.
Planning Panels Victoria comprises a core of senior members and a pool of sessional members who are appointed to carry out tasks under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and the Environment Effects Act 1978.
Expressions of Interest are being sought from suitably qualified people to be appointed as a sessional member by the Minister for Planning. Applications are particularly invited from those with specific experience and skills in architecture and urban design, aboriginal and post contact cultural heritage, planning and environmental law and environmental assessment.
Further information on the role and the application process is available at www.planning.vic.gov.au/panels-and-committees/apply-to-be-a-sessional-panel-member
Expressions of Interest close 30 November 2017.
Job title: Senior Town Planner - Currie & Brown
Location: MelbourneCurrie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience. Currie & Brown is currently looking for a Senior Town Planner for our Melbourne office who meets the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning
- Experience in Town Planning within a professional service environment.
- Eligibility for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA) or similar
- Knowledge and experience of the Victorian Planning System
- Intermediate to advance user of MS Office or equivalent
- Experience in Estate Master or equivalent
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Applicants can obtain a Position Description or apply in confidence to:Gerard Gilfedder, Associate, Manager Planning Services Email: Gerard.firstname.lastname@example.org Stephanie D’Souza, People Coordinator/ Bid Support Email: Stephanie.D'Souza@curriebrown.com