Planning Officer - Warrnambool City
Council Ref: 20170944/1052An exciting temporary full time position has become available to join Warrnambool’s City Strategy and Development Team. With a focus on statutory planning, the successful candidate will receive, process, assess and make recommendations on planning applications ensuring that final decisions made are in accordance with City Development procedures and Council delegations. As part of this process you will provide sound professional planning advice to customers of the City Development Unit. A tertiary qualification in town planning or substantial progress towards completion of a recognised Town Planning course is a requirement of this position. Candidates who are client service focused and are keen to be a member of a high performing team will be highly considered. To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, key selection criteria and resume to email@example.com Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 22 September 2017 Salary range: $67,918 to $77,842 p.a pro rata (inclusive of 9.5% superannuation) dependent on qualifications and experience Position status: Temporary Full Time (until 31 July 2018) Further Enquires: James Phillips, Acting Coordinator City Development on 03 5559 4781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Designer (Mid to Senior) - Taylors DevelopmentTaylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing outstanding solutions to the urban development, infrastructure and built environment markets for over 50 years. We boast a team of 140 highly-skilled professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Finance, Business Development, Human Resources, Marketing and Administration. We are seeking a mid-level to Senior Urban Designer to join our team at our Notting Hill office. In this role, you will take a design from concept to masterplan whilst meeting both client and Council requirements. You will also be involved in preparing fee proposals and project management responsibilities. You will undertake: -
- Urban Design and Drafting of various plans including conceptual and detailed masterplans, development plans, site analysis, design response and masterplan application suite of plans;
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from hand-drawn concepts;
- Lot yield analysis and land budget investigation;
- Source and compile planning and strategic information;
- Liaise with Urban Design Manager to manage workflow outputs to meet project and budget requirements;
- Advise clients of accurate timeframes for completion of project milestones and anticipate submission requirements;
- Consult with Council and other involved parties to obtain information relevant to submissions and project completion;
- Provide direction to Graduate Urban Designer as required.
- Knowledge of development industry trends;
- Experience producing design solutions in urban and rural contexts;
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of people, including government bodies, consultants, developers and residential clients;
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budgetary controls;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced AutoCAD;
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Senior Town Planner - Taylors DevelopmentYour Position: Are you a Senior Town Planner who enjoys managing your own portfolio of projects whilst liaising with top-tier clients? Your demonstrated understanding of statutory planning and Victorian Planning fundamentals will ensure your success in this position. Our office has been designed to encourage collaboration and cross team communication; so, you can talk with our inhouse Architects, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Surveyors and Engineers to ensure the success of your projects. Working in the Planning team of 8 skilled people you will enjoy taking accountability for your projects, whilst taking pride in outcomes and involvement in similar high-quality apartment living projects such as The Easton in Burwood and significant greenfield projects such as Underbank and Emerald Park. Your days will be varied whilst you liaise with internal teams, clients, Councils, authorities and consultants coordinating planning permit applications, preparing Town Planning Reports, attending Planning Scheme amendment documentation and development plans and present expert evidence at VCAT / Panel hearings. Our Company: Established for over 50 years, we are an expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy of over 140 skilled people based in Notting Hill. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and offer our people work life balance, opportunities to grow and develop, competitive remuneration packages, onsite undercover parking and a host of other benefits. Apply if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following:
- 1) Do you have experience and qualifications as a Town Planner?
- 2) Do you value an autonomous role with the opportunity to work with our in-house teams?
- 3) Do you want to join a company that values their people and wants to invest in their future?
- 4) Do you share our company’s values of Relationships, Expertise and Solutions?
- 5) Would you like to drive to work and utilize our undercover parking?