Working together for the better management of our cities, towns and regions.
The Association is administered by an elected Board of sixteen Member Directors and includes an Executive, which is constituted of the President, Vice-President (Legal), Vice-President (Planning), Secretary, Treasurer and two Executive Directors.
The Board sets the direction, policies and objectives of the Association to be carried out by the Secretariat in its day to day operations.
Board members are also responsible for representing the Association in Government reference groups, in making submissions across the diverse range of industry fields and organising industry debate via seminars, meetings and forums.
The Board appoints internal committees or individuals to assist the Association as required.
CODE OF ETHICS
The VPELA Code of Ethics outlines the principles of member responsibilities to other Association members, industry colleagues and the broader community. The Association is committed to these principles as applied to both member’s professional and private activities.
These principles are:
- to act with honesty and integrity;
- to respect the inherent dignity and privacy of the individual;
- to act on the basis of professional competence and a well informed conscience;
- to uphold and actively promote the good reputation of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association;
- to strive for innovation and excellence in practice
The story of the Association was written by our inaugural President Peter Barber in 2005. You can read it here